- Super-capacitors are already changing the future of energy. According to futurist Daniel Burrus, “When we look at renewable energy sources such as wind, solar, and waves, great strides have been taken, but until we find a way to store electricity for use at a later time, these will help but not be game changing. The good news here is that there is a technology that is already changing the game.” Super-capacitors can store energy to meet peak electricity demands and to smooth delivery of output from renewable sources. They are also being developed to improve energy efficiency in electricity applications — from autos to laptops.
- Timely, Large-Scale Efforts to Guarantee Reliable Power from Renewable Sources Planned in EU
- Floating Offshore Wind Turbines Could Drive Japan’s Renewable Energy Future
- Breaking News from Grist: Vermont’s Yankee Nuclear Power Plant to Close
- Progress at the Department of Energy for Funding R & D
- Fuel Fix » Google Becoming Big Energy Player